Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Eating til death in Japan

As the title has suggested, this post is dedicated to gourmet moments I had during my trip.
Grilled quail

Having a Kirin beer with Tonkatsu at Issen Tonkatsu, Ueno

Tenderloin Tonkatsu set and some Tonkatsu sandwiches

Tenderloin Tonkatsu :)

I think I saw a glimpse of heaven there - syphon coffee

Collagen supplements, veggie capsules, and muscle booster

Ramen at Harajuku

The soup and pork were to die for

Gindago Takoyaki

5,000Yen melon - worth the experience

Sweet tooth time 
Lining for Sushi Dai at 7AM, Tsukiji fish market

After 3.5 hours of waiting, I finally got to the front of the legendary store

My sushi chef for the meal - the Omakase set

The first dish of the set - fresh Tamago (still warm) and ginger

Otoro

Flounder

Red snapper

Uni

Squid

Surfing clam - was moving when served!

Maguro


Maki

Horse mackerel

Ikura

Anago

Sipping some green tea and deciding what to have for the 11th (last) sushi

And I chose Otoro, which concluded the special sushi set - can't have enough of Otoro.

Shabu-shabu

Last but not least, nutto!
My family is a big fan of Japan, and it seems like my mom is planning a conspiracy with my uncle for another trip while I'm externing in Glasgow this June. Gahhh~

No comments:

Post a Comment