Monday, May 14, 2012

Busy busy busy!

It has been more than a month since I made a post. My life as a final year vet student has been keeping me busy with rotations and assignments. So far, I have been in general practice, diagnostic imaging ie. radiology, ultrasonography (ultrasound), pathology, anaesthesiology, food production animal (cattle, alpacas and sheep medicine), small animal medicine, critical care and emergency, equine medicine...and the list goes on.

I have been surviving through on a weekly basis and feel slightly sleep-deprived. This year has been very intellectually challenging and the learning curve is steep. As of May, I only have around 7 months before I graduate. To be honest, I don't feel quite ready yet. Hopefully, I will gain more confidence and skills then become a lot more competent before December.

Apart from studying, I have been travelling from placement to placement. I have also managed to get an externship in veterinary pathology in Scotland. I have always been dreaming to travel to UK. This means I will have a month to enjoy the Scottish culture and try the local delicacy - kilt and haggis!

That is a pure Scottish Terrier there (or Irish, perhaps?)

Just a quick update on Boyfriend D. Everything has been going well. Now that I'm used to cuddle him in bed, it feels weird when I'm sleeping by myself. I should get a bolster when I'm going away, perhaps?

No comments:

Post a Comment