Saturday, May 19, 2012

Wine tasting and meet the family impromptu

My mum and sister are visiting Melbourne soon, and they will be staying with me for a few weeks. My mum is quite a foodie, and she can be a little snobby when it comes to food sometimes. I will be taking them both around Melbourne for gourmet food. It turns out there is a French wine tasting at the wine bar, close to my place. It's free, so we are not missing that for sure.

It will be rather a special night for sure.

At first, I was planning to go with Boyfriend D, but I can't leave my family behind. So I managed to get all of us going to the wine tasting. I have also invited my close friend A since he also enjoys wine. The whole thing would be less like meet-the-family. This would make things less awkward for Boyfriend D, and they both have met when we went out for dinner and drinks. I am somewhat nervous as well, and having A there would help me out. As I'm not out to my family yet, I am a bit scared of slipping out or getting a bit too intimate with Boyfriend D. It is not the right time yet, and I have planned to tell my family after graduation in December this year.

On the bright side, my mum has also decided to cook us dinner that night. She is very accommodating when it comes to my friends, and she loves cooking extra food so I can bring some to share. So we will have a Thai home cooking before we head off for the fine wine. We all enjoy good wine, but we are no wine snobs. Hopefully, we will be able to appreciate what we are drinking. Now I also wonder how much more accommodating my mum would be to D once she realises that D isn't just a friend :)

2 comments:

  1. Herm... sounds like a nice plan to introduce your bf to your family and the other way round... good luck on your mum side =)

    ReplyDelete