Sunday, November 6, 2011

My Christmas and New Year 2011

A tad of procrastination wouldn't hurt, since my brain is totally fried up, and needs some time to cool down. After having made a list of what to do in December, I realised that I would have a really busy month. At first, I thought I would have a quiet relaxed December for once, but this was proven wrong, as there are so many things lined up for me to do. These include a meeting with the Dean and teaching staff for academic issues (not mine, but the whole year level in general: I will need to prepare some docs, and deal with some politics - I had dealt a lot with, but not my cup of tea), getting a flight to Japan and meet my family there for a trip, moving house (to inner Melbourne suburb) , taking a temporary post as an assistant veterinary anatomical pathologist between Christmas and New Year (This seems extremely workaholic, but I don't see doing pathology stuff as work, because I enjoy it :D), organising a placement at DPI Attwood, staying outdoor and do some surfing for a week, getting some massage, having a quiet day to retrospect and reflect on oneself etc.

Obviously, I won't have much time to chill out, and this makes me realise that this year I have gradually shifted from my introvert Type B ego to Type A personality slightly. So I really need to learn to prioritise things properly: all vetties seem to have an imbalance study and social life. My personal life has been compromised, since entering the vet school, but I have been getting better than doing the balancing act.


OMG! Are they all for me?

Some of my Canuck mates are staying over the summer, since our uni will be starting on Monday 2nd January 2012. Lovely, isn't it? We have decided to patronise one of our favourite contemporary pub-restaurants, which is along Yarra River for the New Year Eve.  This will be a perfect cooling spot for the Australian summer, as we all will feel like constantly being in an medium-heat oven. There are bound to be lots of vetties pranks and inappropriate shenanigans, though I won't be overly drunk but will stay high throughout the night for sure.

Since I will be most likely be spending Christmas Day at uni, doing some yucky work and the faculty can get really quiet, I downloaded the new Michael Buble Christmas Album 2011. I will be singing his songs, while making a Christmas pudding for the first time, then singing and sharing the pudding with pathologists on duty, before heading to the PM room, butchering ex-animals to bits and pieces.

So what is your plan this December? And anyone have advice on balancing life?

2 comments:

  1. :) have yet to think that far! LOL.

    but i'm sure it'll be a great xmas this year. and new year. booozeeeee party! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Medie007
    I have a habit of thinking and planning too far ahead obviously.
    For me Dec and Jan are always the best, no matter what - festivals, parties, meeting with family, and time to reflect.

    ReplyDelete