Monday, November 7, 2011

Nice Saturday

Ahh... how much I hate getting stuck to a desk! Saturday was a perfect excuse to make a little outdoor escape, so I decided to take my bike for a long spin from Sanctuary Lake to Williamstown, part of the Hobsons Bay Coastal Trail. The smell of sea salt, sunshine, some nice eyecandies on the beaches, Westlife playlist on my iPod, and not to forget a big hearty breakfast.

Perfect weather with Melbourne city on the horizontal.

The last time I cycled this route, I got a really bad cramp and could barely cycled back home. This time was a different story, and the one way cycling route was completed in 2 hours. After strolling around with my coffee snob antennae, I decided to settle down at Ticktok Cafe. Their menu, baked good and decor ticked the boxes. A long macchiatto was served, and sadly it was a tad too hot and diluted, nevertheless their big breakfast was outstanding. Coffee is not their forte yet, perhaps. Sitting outside, synthesising vitamin D, letting the stomach do the job, and reading news was just simply peaceful. Cycling really gave me time to think through and sort things out in my head. After another 3 hours, I got back to my studies BAR (Term used to describe patient's condition - bright, alert, and responsive).

This is why I love weekend so much. Only if we only have 4 weekdays instead?

No comments:

Post a Comment